Lots of people have a tough time falling asleep and staying asleep. Here are a few ideas to help you create the best possible sleep environment and routine.
- Make your bedroom an oasis. Keep it cool and dark, and use it only for sleep and sex.
- Get lots of natural sunlight early in the day
- Avoid large meals close to bedtime
- Avoid stimulants (caffeine, nicotine, alcohol) close to bedtime
- Exercise, and keep the tough workouts early in the day.
- Avoid naps
- Practice relaxing behaviours before bed, avoid stressful thoughts and activities in the hours before bedtime.